भुगतान में सम्मान, मॉनिटरिंग करे आसान
यही है आशा सॉफ्ट की पहचान
ASHA (Accredited Social Health Activist)
Since inception of NRHM in 2005, ASHA (known as ASHA Sahyogini in Rajasthan) has
played an important and critical role in implementation of health activities under
NRHM. The ASHA programme was introduced as a key component of the community process
intervention and now it has emerged as the largest community health worker programme
in the world and is considered a critical contribution to enabling people's participation
ASHA is a community level worker whose role is to function as a health care facilitator,
a service provider and to generate awareness on health issues. Besides delivering
key services to maternal child health and family planning, she also renders important
services under National Disease Control Programme.
ASHA`s Work Profile:
- Ensuring 4 antenatal checkups, institutional delivery and post natal checkups.
- Identifying the risk and referring the mother & child to the health institution.
- Promoting attendance of children at anganwadi on village health and nutrition day
- Holding monthly meetings of Village Health and Sanitation Committee.
- Counselling couples for family planning and distributing contraceptives to eligible
- Counselling mothers fo immunization of child at every household.
- Interface between community and health services to control diseases such as Malaria,
T.B., Blindness etc.